Understand Russia through “people’s wisdom”
Russian language is very rich in proverbs and sayings. In Russia, we call proverbs – “people’s wisdom”. Typically, proverbs sound like an “old” Russian language, but everybody understands it because proverbs are universally known. You can learn Russian language by memorizing Russian proverbs. It will be useful also because “people’s wisdom” is a treasure trove of the most precise and correct ideas about life.
In this article we will give some proverbs that knows virtually every Russian. Next will be saying – translation – interpretation.
- Перед смертью не надышишься – pEred smErt’u ne nadYsheshsya – Before the death it’s so pleasurable to breath.
We say so when something (usually pleasurable) comes to an end, and we really do not want to it ended up.
- Один в поле – не воин – odIn v pOle ne vOin – Alone on the battlefield – not a fighter.
We say so, when there is a situation in which a person has to do something by himself, but he cannot cope alone.
- Остатки сладки – ostAtki slAdki – What remain is sweet.
We say so, when there is something at the end of the case / situation that allows us to enjoy the last moments of it.
- На безрыбье и рак рыба – na bezrYb’e i rak rYba Without fish and a crayfish can be a fish.
We say so when there are not so many scenarios of situation, we have to be satisfied with what we have now.
- Лоб что лопата, а ума небогато – Lob chto lopAta a umA nebogAto – The forehead is like a shovel, but the mind is rather poor.
It’s about large people, but not the most intelligent 🙂
You can learn Russian Language by memorizing proverbs, but the best way is to use proven learning system!
We have created for you the best system to learn Russian language – iLearnRussian™ App for iOS and Android. You will consistently learn the Alphabet, basic words and phrases, and then get 27 very powerful audio lessons that will help you to understand and speak in Russian !!! Have FUN while learning Russian!
More information about iLearnRussian™ App for iOS and Android: http://www.learnrussianlanguage.ru/ilearnrussian_app/
Download the app here:
iLearnRussian™ App for iOS and Android on your device:
NEW! iLearnRussianPRO™ App for iOS and Android on your device:
Wish you to Learn Russian Language with Enthusiasm and Fun!